|Canadian Council on Social Development|
441 MacLaren Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2H3
|Conseil canadien de
Tel: (613) 236-8977 Fax: (613) 236-2750
Income and Child Well-being:
A new perspective on the poverty debate
by David P. Ross and Paul Roberts
- List of Charts
- Executive Summary
- PART I: Family Income and Children's Development
- Children's Environments
- Child Outcomes
- Learning Outcomes
- Cultural and Recreational Participation
- PART II: Linking Poverty to Child Outcomes
- Measuring poverty
- Poverty lines and children's development
- Recent trends in family income distribution
- Relating public policy development to family incomes
- Technical Notes
Copyright © 1999 by the Canadian Council on Social Development. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by any information retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
The analysis, views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policies of the Laidlaw Foundation or Human Resources Development Canada.
Canadian Cataloguing in Publication Data
Ross, David P.
Income and child well-being: a new perspective on the poverty debate
Also issued in French under title: Le bien-Ítre de l'enfant et le revenu familial.
1. Child development - Canada. 2. Income - Canada. 3. Family - Economic aspects - Canada. 4. Poverty - Canada. 5. Quality of life - Canada. I. Roberts, Paul, 1962- II. Canadian Council on Social Development. III. Title. HQ792.C3R67 1999 305.231'0971 C99-900544-8
Income and Child Well-being is published with the support of the Laidlaw Foundation. The CCSD also wishes to thank the Social Development Partnerships Program of Human Resources Development Canada for its ongoing support of the Council's research.
Cover design: Aubut & Nadeau Services Inc.
Canadian Council on Social Development
441 MacLaren, 4th Floor
Ottawa ON K2P 2H3
Tel: (613) 236-8977; fax: (613) 236-2750
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Internet: www.ccsd.ca
Online Order Form: www.ccsd.ca/ordinfo.html
Copies can also be obtained from Renouf Publishing: Tel: (613) 745-2665; fax: (613) 745-7660
The Canadian Council on Social Development (CCSD) is an independent, national, non-profit organization focussing on issues of social and economic security.
[ CCSD Home Page ] [ CCSD Publications ] [ CCSD E-mail ]