Social Planning Council of Winnipeg
The Social Planning Council of Winnipeg (SPC) is a non-profit membership-based organization committed to providing leadership in social planning and effecting social policy changes. The SPC works with diverse communities, including policy-makers, funding agencies, service providers, ethno-cultural and Aboriginal groups, and the general public in Winnipeg to:
- Identify and assess community issues, needs, capacities, and resources,
- Develop and promote policy and program options to policy-makers,
- Support community groups and the voluntary human service sector in their activities,
- Raise community awareness of social issues and service delivery alternatives, and
- Facilitate collaboration among government, business, labour, and community groups.
The SPC has been working in partnership on the development, implementation, evaluation and coordination of community projects for over 90 years in Winnipeg. Collaborative partnerships, capacity building and community development approaches currently govern Social Planning Council’s approach to its mandate.
- Street: 300 - 207 Donald Street
- City: Winnipeg
- Province: Manitoba
- Postal Code: R3C 1M5
- Country: Canada
- Telephone: (204) 943-2561
- Fax: (204) 942-3221