Social Planning Council of Ottawa
The Social Planning Council takes a wholistic approach to community development by integrating research, planning, and community building.
Our research work is an integral part of our social planning and community building work. Through research, we identify our community's needs and resources, and equipped with knowledge of our strengths and weaknesses, we partner with community agencies, residents, and city insitutions to plan for a fitting solution.
Mission, Values and Vision
Our mission is to provide the residents of Ottawa with the means to exercise informed leadership on issues affecting their social and economic wellbeing.
- The pursuit of social justice and the reduction of inequality
- Active involvement of those most directly affected by issues
- The coming together of individuals and diverse groups in the community
- Leadership, professionalism and the quality of our work
- Collaboration and partnerships
Our vision is to achieve our mandate through:
- Identifying and analyzing the social needs in the community
- Providing leadership in planning and establish priorities for meeting the identified needs
- Monitoring and evaluating changes in the policy and resource environment
- Encouraging informed involvement by our members and the wider public in critical social issues
- Encouraging and enabling social service organizations to respond to change
- Taking an active advocacy role on social and economic policy
- Influencing decision-makers by making them aware of the need for and consequences of social and economic policies.
- Street: 790 Bronson Avenue
- City: Ottawa
- Province: Ontario
- Postal Code: K1S 4G4
- Country: Canada
- Telephone: 613-236-9300
- Fax: 613-236-7060