Social Planning Council for the North Okanagan
We are a non-profit society founded in 1969, dedicated to improving the quality of life for residents of the North Okanagan by addressing the social, health, economic and environmental needs of the community.
To provide action-oriented leadership in building a caring, inclusive community.
A community in which everyone has an equal voice in defining problems and offering solutions which address issues that affect them and future generations.
The Social Planning Council was founded in 1969 by a group of concerned citizens, as an aid and stimulus to volunteer community workers.
The Social Planning Council for the North Okanagan believes;
- In promoting cooperation, communication an coordination among the many volunteer organizations now in existence
- In identifying unmet needs in the community, and in finding ways to meet them (with community involvement)
- In providing a contact point between those who need help and those who wish to help
- In providing a place where people can raise new community issues which need a coordinated response
- In promoting inclusiveness, diversity and equity, both within its organization and within its work and relations with community
Working in partnership with the North Okanagan community, the Social Planning Council for the North Okanagan seeks to achieve the following goals;
- To assess the social resources of the geographic target area by researching the services provided by existing agencies, organizations, associations and individuals
- To identify gaps in services, programs and policies so that the total needs for community well-being can be addressed and achieved
- To initiate the development of a process which encourages citizen and community involvement in addressing solutions
- To promote coordination of effort
- To be an advocate on social issues
- To broaden public awareness and understanding of social issues, policies and services which exist presently to address those issues
- To apply both a diversity and equity lens to its organization and its work and relations with community.
- Street: 3105 - 33rd St
- City: Vernon
- Province: BC
- Postal Code: V1T 9P7
- Country: Canada
- Telephone: (250) 540-8572